Apex Photo Safaris Ltd is a registered and licensed (by the Ministry Of Tourism) safari company in the Republic Of Kenya.
These are the following terms and conditions, which will apply to all safaris booked with Apex Photo Safaris Ltd:
- Apex Photo Safaris Ltd will provide a full quotation for any client without any financial obligations prior to a firm booking confirmation.
- Apex Photo Safaris Ltd recommends that you secure a 20% non-refundable deposit per person and full payment must be made 60 days prior to the departure date. Some of the camps, hotels and lodges may require a deposit in advance especially when booking during the festive season or the high season. This will be advised at the time of booking.
- Upon receipt of the final payment, Apex Photo Safaris Ltd will issue all relevant travel documents with fully confirmed status.
- Apex Photo Safaris Ltd will not accept responsibility for wire transfer and / or overnight mail charges.
- No client will be permitted into the tour without payment in full being received by Apex Photo Safaris Ltd.
- Special airfares are capacity controlled and often sold out months in advance. In addition, many accommodations offered by Apex Photo Safaris Ltd have a limited capacity. It is essential to make reservations well in advance to insure your preferred arrangements.
All cancellations and changes to the safari must be made in writing to Apex Photo Safaris Ltd. Please ensure that you receive a written confirmation of your cancellation by us. All cancellations will be charged a cancellation penalty depending on the number of days before the tour departure date.
FINAL PAYMENT WOULD BE APPRECIATED AT LEAST 60 DAYS PRIOR TO THE SAFARI DEPARTURE DATE.
- 120+ days prior to arrival – 100% of the total cost will be returned.
- 120-60 days prior to arrival – 50% of the total cost will be returned.
- 59-31 days prior to arrival – 25% of the total cost will be returned.
- 30 days and below – 0% of the total cost will be returned.
PLEASE NOTE THAT THE ABOVE REFUNDS ARE SUBJECT TO BANK CHARGES
- If you are a "no show", Apex Photo Safaris Ltd shall be entitled to treat your reservation as canceled without having given us any notice.
- Any request to amend or change a booking once it has been confirmed may be accommodated subject to space availability. If Apex Photo Safaris Ltd is able to assist, an administrative fee of $100 per change will be assessed. These fees will be added to your final invoice.
- No refunds are given:
- For lost travel time or substitution of facilities.
- For itineraries amended after departure.
- For circumstances arising beyond the control of Apex Photo Safaris Ltd, necessitating alternative arrangements being made to ensure the safety and / or further participation of your safari.
- If you do not appear for any accommodations, service, sightseeing/game drives or trip segment without notifying Apex Photo Safaris Ltd.
- If you leave your safari after it has begun, or miss any scheduled sightseeing, activities, meals or accommodations.
THERE WILL BE NO REFUNDS FOR ANY UNUSED PORTION OF A SAFARI ONCE IT HAS COMMENCED.
- Apex Photo Safaris Ltd will be using the local airline companies in Kenya and East Africa (if required). All airfare charges quoted are current as at the date of the tour quotation.
- Apex Photo Safaris Ltd is not responsible for any changes in airline schedules, cancellations, loss or damage to baggage or overbooking.
- Apex Photo Safaris Ltd will not be responsible for any loss or injury suffered on any airline. All claims must be made directly with the airline involved and not Apex Photo Safaris Ltd.
- Apex Photo Safaris Ltd will not be responsible for loss, damaged or delayed baggage, resulting from travelling with any international scheduled airline.
- Generally travellers in Africa use local airline companies to facilitate travel from one destination to another. These airline operators have a strict policy on baggage allowance, which is restricted to a maximum of 15kgs/33lbs per person. This also includes camera equipment and carry on baggage. The airline company will incur an additional cost on the client for any excess luggage.
- Should guests know and inform Apex Photo Safaris Ltd that they will be carrying baggage in excess of the given limit, the company will quote the extra costs involved.
- Should guests arrive with excess luggage without prior warning to Apex Photo Safaris Ltd, their baggage may be delayed, as the company may have to fly in the luggage at a later stage of the safari destination at an extra and considerable cost to the client.
Transportation while on Safari
- The company shall provide the services of sub contracted transport options such as airline, safari vehicles or alternatives as it considers necessary.
- Apex Photo Safaris Ltd reserves the right to employ the services of sub contractors to effect transportation.
- Apex Photo Safaris Ltd shall provide the services of professional guides where and when requested, subject to availability. If the requested guide is not available, Apex Photo Safaris Ltd reserves the right to substitute with another reliable professional safari guide.
Camps, Hotels and Lodges
- Specific accommodation may not always be available. In the event of this happening, Apex Photo Safaris Ltd will always recommend alternative accommodation. It is then the decision of the client to accept or decline this proposal prior to committing to any payments.
- Apex Photo Safaris Ltd will reserve the right to alter any arrangements due to local conditions. We will also retain the right to refuse any person from participating or continuing any tour for any reason or if that person causes or is deemed to cause hazard or inconvenience to other persons.
- Whilst on safari with Apex Photo Safaris Ltd, please ensure that at times, clients will be at close proximity to wild animals and we request that they remain responsible and vigilant. Although many of the camp or lodges are not fenced, attacks by wild animals are very rare. However, if such a situation were to occur, Apex Photo Safaris Ltd will not be liable or held responsible for any injury or incident whatsoever.
- Some specific camps or lodges have a certain age limit and minimum age limits may apply. This condition may also apply to certain activities.
- The Company accepts no liability for alleged inferior or inadequate Services, transportation vehicles, negligent carelessness, wrongful acts or omissions of hotel and lodge management or any other person not in the employment of Apex Photo Safaris Ltd.
THE ITINERARY COSTS WILL HAVE THE FOLLOWING STANDARD INCLUSIONS:
- ALL accommodation and meals (where stated) on safari
- ALL government hotel taxes and service charges
- ALL transport in specially built safari vehicles
- ALL national parks or reserve entry fees
- ALL internal air transport
- ALL porter-age and airport assistance
- ALL bottled mineral water in Apex Photo Safaris Ltd vehicles
- Incredibly knowledgeable KPSGA certified guides
- Temporary flying doctor (AMREF) evacuation to Nairobi
THE ITINERARY COSTS WILL HAVE THE FOLLOWING STANDARD EXCLUSIONS:
- Personal laundry, beverages and other personal expenses
- Tips to bar staff for personal beverages or room service
- Gratuities to all driver or guides
- Game and nature walks
- All entries to tribal villages
- Visa fees
- International flights
- Travel insurance (highly recommended)
Travel Documents and Vaccinations
It is your responsibility to ensure that passports, visas, travel documents, health certificates, inoculations, international driving license, or other documentation required for the trip are obtained and are in order.
It is your responsibility to meet any additional costs incurred by yourself.
Apex Photo Safaris Ltd will not be responsible for these payments on your behalf. Anti-malaria precautions should be commenced prior to departure. Please consult your physician for more details. Safari clients should bring their own insect repellant, as this is often not available in the camps.
You must advise Apex Photo Safaris Ltd in writing of any special requests, i.e. diet, facility or physical handicap, when you submit your reservation request to us, which will be met if possible.
Each Apex Photo Safaris Ltd client will automatically be registered as a member of the flying doctor services in East Africa. Applicable charges will be included in the cost of the tour arrangements. Flying doctor services is limited to safaris in East Africa only.
It is pointed out to guests that Apex Photo Safaris Ltd accepts no responsibility for loss, damage or injury to person(s) whether fatal or otherwise, or to their personal effects, arising from whatsoever cause. It is expected that guests shall have effected their own insurance cover against any normal risks associated with overseas/local travel.
Apex Photo safaris Ltd recommends that you obtain the following types of insurance:
- Emergency Medical Evacuation (Major Medical)
- Accidental Death
- Comprehensive Travel Insurance
- Loss Of Personal Items
Copyright and Privacy
All content, design graphics, images and specific photographs used on this website are property of Apex Photo Safaris Ltd and may not be used unless permission in writing is obtained from the copyright proprietor.
Agreement of contract
Please remember, when you book travel related services with Apex Photo Safaris Ltd, you are entering into a binding agreement that assumes all terms and conditions are fully understood as stated in this document.