Apex Photo Safaris Ltd is a registered and licensed (by the Ministry Of Tourism) safari company in the Republic Of Kenya.
These are the following terms and conditions, which will apply to all safaris booked with Apex Photo Safaris Ltd:
- Apex Photo Safaris Ltd will provide a full quotation for any client
without any financial obligations prior to a firm booking confirmation.
- Apex Photo Safaris Ltd recommends
that you secure a 20% non-refundable deposit per person and full payment
must be made 60 days prior to the departure date. Some of the camps,
hotels and lodges may require a deposit in advance especially when
booking during the festive season or the high season. This will be
advised at the time of booking.
- Upon receipt of the final payment,
Apex Photo Safaris Ltd will issue all relevant travel documents with
fully confirmed status.
- Apex Photo Safaris Ltd will not accept responsibility for wire transfer and / or overnight mail charges.
- No client will be permitted into the tour without payment in full being received by Apex Photo Safaris Ltd.
- Special airfares are capacity
controlled and often sold out months in advance. In addition, many
accommodations offered by Apex Photo Safaris Ltd have a limited
capacity. It is essential to make reservations well in advance to insure
your preferred arrangements.
All cancellations and
changes to the safari must be made in writing to Apex Photo Safaris Ltd.
Please ensure that you receive a written confirmation of your
cancellation by us. All cancellations will be charged a cancellation
penalty depending on the number of days before the tour departure date.
FINAL PAYMENT WOULD BE APPRECIATED AT LEAST 60 DAYS PRIOR TO THE SAFARI DEPARTURE DATE.
- 120+ days prior to arrival – 100% of the total cost will be returned.
- 120-60 days prior to arrival – 50% of the total cost will be returned.
- 59-31 days prior to arrival – 25% of the total cost will be returned.
- 30 days and below – 0% of the total cost will be returned.
PLEASE NOTE THAT THE ABOVE REFUNDS ARE SUBJECT TO BANK CHARGES
- If you are a "no show", Apex Photo
Safaris Ltd shall be entitled to treat your reservation as canceled
without having given us any notice.
- Any request to amend or change a
booking once it has been confirmed may be accommodated subject to space
availability. If Apex Photo Safaris Ltd is able to assist, an
administrative fee of $100 per change will be assessed. These fees will
be added to your final invoice.
- No refunds are given:
- For lost travel time or substitution of facilities.
- For itineraries amended after departure.
- For circumstances arising beyond the
control of Apex Photo Safaris Ltd, necessitating alternative
arrangements being made to ensure the safety and / or further
participation of your safari.
- If you do not appear for any
accommodations, service, sightseeing/game drives or trip segment without
notifying Apex Photo Safaris Ltd.
- If you leave your safari after it has begun, or miss any scheduled sightseeing, activities, meals or accommodations.
THERE WILL BE NO REFUNDS FOR ANY UNUSED PORTION OF A SAFARI ONCE IT HAS COMMENCED.
- Apex Photo Safaris Ltd will be using the local airline companies in
Kenya and East Africa (if required). All airfare charges quoted are
current as at the date of the tour quotation.
- Apex Photo Safaris Ltd is not
responsible for any changes in airline schedules, cancellations, loss or
damage to baggage or overbooking.
- Apex Photo Safaris Ltd will not be
responsible for any loss or injury suffered on any airline. All claims
must be made directly with the airline involved and not Apex Photo
- Apex Photo Safaris Ltd will not be
responsible for loss, damaged or delayed baggage, resulting from
travelling with any international scheduled airline.
- Generally travellers in Africa use
local airline companies to facilitate travel from one destination to
another. These airline operators have a strict policy on baggage
allowance, which is restricted to a maximum of 15kgs/33lbs per person.
This also includes camera equipment and carry on baggage. The airline
company will incur an additional cost on the client for any excess
- Should guests know and inform Apex
Photo Safaris Ltd that they will be carrying baggage in excess of the
given limit, the company will quote the extra costs involved.
- Should guests arrive with excess
luggage without prior warning to Apex Photo Safaris Ltd, their baggage
may be delayed, as the company may have to fly in the luggage at a later
stage of the safari destination at an extra and considerable cost to
Transportation while on Safari
- The company shall provide the services of sub contracted transport
options such as airline, safari vehicles or alternatives as it considers
- Apex Photo Safaris Ltd reserves the right to employ the services of sub contractors to effect transportation.
- Apex Photo Safaris Ltd shall provide
the services of professional guides where and when requested, subject to
availability. If the requested guide is not available, Apex Photo
Safaris Ltd reserves the right to substitute with another reliable
professional safari guide.
Camps, Hotels and Lodges
- Specific accommodation may not always be available. In the event of
this happening, Apex Photo Safaris Ltd will always recommend alternative
accommodation. It is then the decision of the client to accept or
decline this proposal prior to committing to any payments.
- Apex Photo Safaris Ltd will reserve
the right to alter any arrangements due to local conditions. We will
also retain the right to refuse any person from participating or
continuing any tour for any reason or if that person causes or is deemed
to cause hazard or inconvenience to other persons.
- Whilst on safari with Apex Photo
Safaris Ltd, please ensure that at times, clients will be at close
proximity to wild animals and we request that they remain responsible
and vigilant. Although many of the camp or lodges are not fenced,
attacks by wild animals are very rare. However, if such a situation were
to occur, Apex Photo Safaris Ltd will not be liable or held responsible
for any injury or incident whatsoever.
- Some specific camps or lodges have a
certain age limit and minimum age limits may apply. This condition may
also apply to certain activities.
- The Company accepts no liability for alleged inferior or
inadequate Services, transportation vehicles, negligent carelessness,
wrongful acts or omissions of hotel and lodge management or any other
person not in the employment of Apex Photo Safaris Ltd.
THE ITINERARY COSTS WILL HAVE THE FOLLOWING STANDARD INCLUSIONS:
- ALL accommodation and meals (where stated) on safari
- ALL government hotel taxes and service charges
- ALL transport in specially built safari vehicles
- ALL national parks or reserve entry fees
- ALL internal air transport
- ALL porter-age and airport assistance
- ALL bottled mineral water in Apex Photo Safaris Ltd vehicles
- Incredibly knowledgeable KPSGA certified guides
- Temporary flying doctor (AMREF) evacuation to Nairobi
THE ITINERARY COSTS WILL HAVE THE FOLLOWING STANDARD EXCLUSIONS:
- Personal laundry, beverages and other personal expenses
- Tips to bar staff for personal beverages or room service
- Gratuities to all driver or guides
- Game and nature walks
- All entries to tribal villages
- Visa fees
- International flights
- Travel insurance (highly recommended)
Travel Documents and Vaccinations
is your responsibility to ensure that passports, visas, travel
documents, health certificates, inoculations, international driving
license, or other documentation required for the trip are obtained and
are in order.
It is your responsibility to meet any
additional costs incurred by yourself.
Apex Photo Safaris Ltd will not
be responsible for these payments on your behalf. Anti-malaria
precautions should be commenced prior to departure. Please consult your
physician for more details. Safari clients should bring their own insect
repellant, as this is often not available in the camps.
must advise Apex Photo Safaris Ltd in writing of any special requests,
i.e. diet, facility or physical handicap, when you submit your
reservation request to us, which will be met if possible.
Apex Photo Safaris Ltd client will automatically be registered as a
member of the flying doctor services in East Africa. Applicable charges
will be included in the cost of the tour arrangements. Flying doctor
services is limited to safaris in East Africa only.
pointed out to guests that Apex Photo Safaris Ltd accepts no
responsibility for loss, damage or injury to person(s) whether fatal or
otherwise, or to their personal effects, arising from whatsoever cause.
It is expected that guests shall have effected their own insurance cover
against any normal risks associated with overseas/local travel.
Apex Photo safaris Ltd recommends that you obtain the following types of insurance:
- Emergency Medical Evacuation (Major Medical)
- Accidental Death
- Comprehensive Travel Insurance
- Loss Of Personal Items
Copyright and Privacy
content, design graphics, images and specific photographs used on this
website are property of Apex Photo Safaris Ltd and may not be used
unless permission in writing is obtained from the copyright proprietor.
Agreement of contract
remember, when you book travel related services with Apex Photo Safaris
Ltd, you are entering into a binding agreement that assumes all terms
and conditions are fully understood as stated in this document.