We at Apex Photo Safaris, value your health and safety safety. We have created a COVID 19 Health Team that is ready to make sure we follow all safari protocols as per the Ministry of Health guidelines and regulations in Kenya and as well as WHO Guidelines.
APEX PHOTO SAFARIS – OFFICE OPERATIONS
Please note that due to the outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic, effective 1st April 2020, Apex Photo Safaris is no longer operating from their registered office. All staff are required to work from home and we only accept online bookings – no walk-in clients will be permitted.
HOME OFFICE COVID-19 PROTOCOLS
- Social distancing is observed at all times and seats are placed at least 2m apart from each other.
- Stringent sanitizing and hand washing practices are observed by all staff at all times.
- All solid surfaces are wiped down and sanitized with alcohol-based sanitizers and anti-bacterial detergents on a daily basis.
- Masks are to be worn at all times in the office.
- Walk in clients are not permitted – we are only accepting online bookings.
AIRPORT PICK UP & DROP OFF
- Once you land into Kenya, you will meet the driver/safari guide waiting to receive you. Our Safari Guides and Our Meet and Greet Team will ensure social distance is maintained, no handshakes and your luggage is well sanitized.
- You will be provided a hand sanitizer and pack of gloves and surgical masks to kickstart your safari.
- Your Temperature will be checked and confirmed. Your status will be recorded in our files to keep records for reference in case any of the guest(s) tests positive.
- The vehicle will be thoroughly cleaned and sanitized before the safari commences. The door handles will be sanitized too to enhance safety when opening the doors of the vehicle(s). Each vehicle will carry a maximum of 6 PAX, observing the 1.5m rule distance.
- After the Safari ends, your luggage will be sanitized and the vehicle will be thoroughly cleaned and washed before the next safari.
- All contacts and temperature status before checking in at the airport lounge will be recorded so that we ensure we keep you and the guides safe.
VEHICLE COVID 19 PROTOCOLS
- Each vehicle has a dedicated Safari Driver guide who is assigned to one particular vehicle. Each Safari guide ensures that the vehicle is sanitized, thoroughly cleaned and stocked with relevant safety and basic items such as sanitizers, masks, gloves, reusable water bottles and plenty of mineral water.
- The vehicle will only carry a maximum of 6 PAX. Each guest sits in designated seats, where social distancing is observed, next to a window, and able to reach the pop-up roof to ensure good game/wildlife viewing.
- The seat next to the driver is left empty so as to allow the driver to ensure the 1.5m distance rule, also to put his/her items safely and in close reach.
- The freezers will be kept at the back seat of the land cruiser, or in the middle, to facilitate distribution of drinks. Once you open the freezer we request you sanitize your hands immediately after you pick the item(s) you require and sanitize the freezer handle(s) as well.
WHILE ON SAFARI
- As previously stated, the vehicle will carry a maximum of 6 guests, and in cases of any extra guests, we will add an extra vehicle to facilitate the social distancing protocols.
- Our Safari Guides will always have a mask on and gloves while on safari and will practice social distancing and sanitizing at all times.
- Every day before and after the game drives the vehicles will be thoroughly cleaned.
- We shall provide all guests with reusable, double-sided stainless-steel water bottles as per GOK rules & regulations.
- All guests will have a health & safety briefing before the start of any safari by the driver guide.
- All vehicles will be well equipped with hand sanitizers, extra face masks and a basic first aid kit.
MEDICAL/HEALTH/TRAVEL INSURANCE, MEDICAL HELP & EVACUATION
- It is highly advisable and recommended that all Guests have Medical insurance that will be ideal in case of any health complications whilst on safari.
- The properties we work with, have been certified by the Ministry of Health. In case of any medical emergencies, it will be easier to access medical assistance
- You will be subjected to mandatory testing and in cases of positive results, Guests will be taken into quarantine for further check-ups and confirmations. If conditions go beyond local medical facilities abilities, we will offer evacuations covers to a certified hospital for more care.
- All our safaris have an evacuation cover in case of any emergencies that require intensive care and attention. Our Evacuation is facilitated by AMREF International (FLYOING DOCTORS).
- All guests are mandated to declare their medical condition with us, which will be kept under strict privacy. This is to help us know if you do have any current underlying health issues.
IN THE CASE A GUEST DOES TEST POSITIVE FOR COVID-19
- If a case is confirmed while on Safari, the guest will be given medical attention from a nearby licensed hospital/by the doctor/resident nurse at the respective property they will be staying at.
- After undergoing the necessary basic medical treatment, the guest who has tested positive will be evacuated immediately to Nairobi for proper Medical administration.
- If they recover and are confirmed fit for travel by medical experts, they will be able to continue with their safari or fly back home.
- All contacts who were close to the guest will be quarantined for 14 days as per the government directives and protocols.
- Quarantine costs are all on the guest(s) bill. We advise the guest(s) to budget for these extra cost(s) which may be incurred, in the case there are any positive cases while on holiday.
INTERNAL FLIGHTS COVID-19 PROTOCOLS
All Flights within East Africa have their own Set Standard to observe and the required minimum standards to operate. All airline(s) used by Apex Photo Safaris have met the guidelines set by the respective Ministries.
ACCOMMODATION & DINING
We have partnered with credible and certified Safari Camps, Lodges and Hotels to accommodate all our guests. Every property has their own Standard Operating Protocols and this will vary depending on the property you will be staying at. We however do ensure that all properties used by Apex Photo Safaris are adhering to the strict and stringent protocols put into place by the Ministry of Health & the Ministry of Tourism and Wildlife.
MANDATORY GUEST REQUIREMENTS BEFORE TRAVELLING
The following are to be obtained before travel:
- Valid COVID -19 certificate to be acquired a few days before travel
- Valid COVID -19 certificate / Results before boarding the International flight
- Valid Visa (Encouraged to apply online)
- Valid Flight Return Tickets
- Medical and Travel Insurance are highly recommended
- Additional funds for self-quarantine accommodation in the case where a guest is confirmed positive.
EMERGENCY CONTACT DETAILS
Our Emergency Contacts
- Call Mobile Emergency Lines +254-22-329292/+254-726-100055/+254-721-539412
- Whatsapp message to reach us +254-722-329292 (Aatish Patel) / +254-726-100055 (Aashit Patel)
APEX PHOTO SAFARIS COVID-19 TRAVEL & SAFETY PROTOCOLS
Please find below a downloadable PDF copy of the travel and safety protocols we have put into place:
APEX PHOTO SAFARIS COVID-19 TRAVEL & SAFETY PROTOCOLS
AMENDED COVID-19 BOOKING TERMS & CONDITIONS
Please find below a downloadable PDF copy of our amended booking and cancellation terms & conditions:
AMENDED COVID-19 BOOKING T&Cs
GUEST WAIVER FORMS
Please find below a downloadable PDF copy of our guest waiver forms. Kindly note that as per the rules and regulations set by the Government of Kenya, Ministry of Health and the Ministry of Tourism, it is compulsory for all guests to fill out the form prior to their arrival:
APEX PHOTO SAFARIS GUEST WAIVER FORM
COVID-19 SENSITIZATION CERTIFICATE
Apex Photo Safaris is proud to announce that at least one of its staff members has completed the COVID-19 sensitisation training conducted by the Kenya Red Cross in partnership with the Kenya Association Of Tour Operators (KATO).
APEX PHOTO SAFARIS COVID-19 SENSITIZATION CERTIFICATE
APEX TOURISM REGULATORY AUTHORITY (TRA) COVID-19 COMPLIANCE CERTIFICATE
Apex Photo Safaris is proud to announce that they have been issued with a COVID-19 compliance certificate from the Tourism Regulatory Authority (TRA) in conjunction with the Ministry of Tourism & Wildlife and the World Travel & Tourism Council.
APEX TRA COVID COMPLIANCE CERTIFICATE
Apex Photo Safaris encourages all visitors/travelers to adhere to the strict & stringent health & safety protocols put into place by the respective ministries and practice safe, responsible & sustainable tourism!